Added May 28, 2011
I finally made my own swimsuit! This bathing suit was meant to be a muslin but it ended up good enough so I probably wouldn’t sew another. The fabric is dead stock found from my local fabric store for a cheap price.
I shortened the breast insert because the gathers were too much for me. The legs were finished with ordinary elastics since I didn’t have swimwear elastics at hand. Maybe I will change them later.
also blogged here
green swimwear fabrics
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.