Added May 28, 2011
I finally made my own swimsuit! This bathing suit was meant to be a muslin but it ended up good enough so I probably wouldn’t sew another. The fabric is dead stock found from my local fabric store for a cheap price.
I shortened the breast insert because the gathers were too much for me. The legs were finished with ordinary elastics since I didn’t have swimwear elastics at hand. Maybe I will change them later.
also blogged here
green swimwear fabrics
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.