Added Jul 27, 2008
My adaptation of Anda for the mini-challenge.
I shaved a couple of inches off the waist and and added darts to the bust and back for a more fitted look.
When cutting the back, I added a 5/8" seam allowance down the middle and cut the back into two equal pieces.
To accommodate the new body shape, I added a zipper to the back and some buttons and bias tape loops for flair.
I trimmed an inch off the collar to make it more of a boat-neck and added some decorative stitching in lieu of the bias tape.
I shortened the hem by several inches and added a 3" wide yellow band, with matching smaller yellow bands at the sleeves.
Last, but not least, I hand-embroidered a grass motif on the lower left front side of the dress.
Green and yellow broadcloth, 14" zipper, 3 yellow plastic buttons, and thread.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.