Added Jan 25, 2009
I finally followed a Burda style pattern; JJ’s Leg of Mutton top! When I measured the test-square it was too small (and I’m a Burda style size 36, which the pattern was made for), so I didn’t dare use the pattern for the body, but used my own t-shirt pattern instead which was fine since I wanted a more simple body anyway. I used JJ’s sleeve-pattern just as it was, but made the seam more narrow than recommended and it worked just fine. The collar is a little wider than in original, I haven’t decided if I’m keeping it like this or if I’m making it more narrow… If I make another one I’ll put the cap of the sleeve higher up on the shoulder (make the shoulder seam shorter). Great pattern, thanks JJ! Next I’ll try Bola’s instructions on making gathered puffy sleeves and compare results (Leg of Mutton vs Gathered puff, interesting…!).
Graphite-grey cotton with a little lycra.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.