Added Jun 13, 2013
This dress was created with a pattern I made to my own size, by using a 1970’s dress bought in a second-hand clothing store as a basis.
The skirt was not difficult to copy, although the bodice – particularly the “collar” that folds over
the top of it – was a matter of trial and error, and took a little playing around with before I got
it sitting right.
The back of the dress has a zip closure, and there are buttons on the inside of the bodice back for
adjusting the length of the shoulder straps.
Overall, it is cool and comfortable on a hot summer’s day, and I’ve had plenty of wear out of
it – which is good especially since it’s made from a light cotton fabric which I bought for just a
couple of dollars a metre!
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.