Added Mar 3, 2013
I checked my pattern pieces thrice and they seemed to be cut out correctly, but for some reason, the neckhole was suffocatingly tiny (a common problem with this pattern, as it turned out after googling). Fortunately I noticed it during the muslin stage, so I could fix it.
Other problem I had was with the shoulder seams that were up too front. I chose to ignore it and it didn’t bother me much in the end.
It was my first time making bound buttonholes and it was a menace getting them all in one line etc. Could’ve done better, but it could’ve gone a lot worse at the same time.
All in all a relatively successful sewing experience for a novice like me!
P.S. Can someone tell me how to make a decent bow tie? In the end it turned out to be the most difficult part of the construction :P
The same cotton for the blouse and covering the buttons, mystery tulle-like fabric for sew-in interfacing (because I forgot to buy the fusible one).
Dive back into 1956 with this stylish two in one pant suit pattern!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.