Added Mar 3, 2013
I checked my pattern pieces thrice and they seemed to be cut out correctly, but for some reason, the neckhole was suffocatingly tiny (a common problem with this pattern, as it turned out after googling). Fortunately I noticed it during the muslin stage, so I could fix it.
Other problem I had was with the shoulder seams that were up too front. I chose to ignore it and it didn’t bother me much in the end.
It was my first time making bound buttonholes and it was a menace getting them all in one line etc. Could’ve done better, but it could’ve gone a lot worse at the same time.
All in all a relatively successful sewing experience for a novice like me!
P.S. Can someone tell me how to make a decent bow tie? In the end it turned out to be the most difficult part of the construction :P
The same cotton for the blouse and covering the buttons, mystery tulle-like fabric for sew-in interfacing (because I forgot to buy the fusible one).
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.