Added Mar 3, 2013
I checked my pattern pieces thrice and they seemed to be cut out correctly, but for some reason, the neckhole was suffocatingly tiny (a common problem with this pattern, as it turned out after googling). Fortunately I noticed it during the muslin stage, so I could fix it.
Other problem I had was with the shoulder seams that were up too front. I chose to ignore it and it didn’t bother me much in the end.
It was my first time making bound buttonholes and it was a menace getting them all in one line etc. Could’ve done better, but it could’ve gone a lot worse at the same time.
All in all a relatively successful sewing experience for a novice like me!
P.S. Can someone tell me how to make a decent bow tie? In the end it turned out to be the most difficult part of the construction :P
The same cotton for the blouse and covering the buttons, mystery tulle-like fabric for sew-in interfacing (because I forgot to buy the fusible one).
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.