Added Jan 13, 2013
Last week I converted my ‘plastic fantastic’ blue dress into this new, fun and versatile skirt. It was very easy, I just:
- cut off the bodice from the waist up;
- took what had been the bodice and folded and trimmed until I had a long, straight, rectangular piece to fold over and press into a wide waistband;
- unpicked the zip, sewed up the side seam;
- spun the whole thing around so the front became the back, and brought it up, taking about two inches off the length at the waist (but kept the original hemline);
- then basted in lots of randomly spaced gathers;
- unpicked the back seam;
- stitched on the waistband;
- and put in the zip. A hook and eye at the top and i was done:)
Works well in this slightly stiff (quite noisy!) marine blue taffeta
Fashion & Trends
Style this favorite tank for late summer and fall.
See all entries and vote.
See more prize details and how to enter...
Cool greys transition from summer to fall in a shirt dress, flowing maxi skirt, and new jackets.
8 patterns, a web seminar, and technique videos for sewing menswear.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.