Added Jan 13, 2013
Last week I converted my ‘plastic fantastic’ blue dress into this new, fun and versatile skirt. It was very easy, I just:
- cut off the bodice from the waist up;
- took what had been the bodice and folded and trimmed until I had a long, straight, rectangular piece to fold over and press into a wide waistband;
- unpicked the zip, sewed up the side seam;
- spun the whole thing around so the front became the back, and brought it up, taking about two inches off the length at the waist (but kept the original hemline);
- then basted in lots of randomly spaced gathers;
- unpicked the back seam;
- stitched on the waistband;
- and put in the zip. A hook and eye at the top and i was done:)
Works well in this slightly stiff (quite noisy!) marine blue taffeta
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.