Added Aug 12, 2012
Inspiration: Tiger of Sweden vest (autum collection 12). Price 11 000 RUB/275 EUR/340 USD/215 GBP.
There are probobly a 100 ways to do this, but this is my way:
1) Find an old blazer in your closet.
2) Cut of the arms and leave enough fabric to make an trim around the arms. Hold on to the cuted off arms for a while, they might come inhandy later;)
3) Take out the shoulder pillows. I tried to sew them in first, but that did not go well:s
4) Attatch the main fabric and the lining together, fold it in and sew a trim.
5) If you succeeded, you are all done! That was not my case. The lining slipped from the main fabric, so I had to come up with an alternative solution. First i sewed as much as possible of the lining where it should be by hand, than I cutted som strips of the arms and glued this in the jacket.
And the result: Its amazing and I really don’t feel the need to buy the original!
To see the whole prosess, visit my blog.
This classic autumn collection has designs inspired by the Scottish countryside.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Sew with Meg & see her final steps in sewing the cape & also see a sneak peek of Meg's new course!
Member Project of the Week
Check out this preppy fall style.
Read this funny post and watch the video to learn more about why this web seminar is great for you!
Burda Magazine US
This amazing Inspira Studio by Closetmaid thread cabinet could be yours!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.