Added Aug 12, 2012
Inspiration: Tiger of Sweden vest (autum collection 12). Price 11 000 RUB/275 EUR/340 USD/215 GBP.
There are probobly a 100 ways to do this, but this is my way:
1) Find an old blazer in your closet.
2) Cut of the arms and leave enough fabric to make an trim around the arms. Hold on to the cuted off arms for a while, they might come inhandy later;)
3) Take out the shoulder pillows. I tried to sew them in first, but that did not go well:s
4) Attatch the main fabric and the lining together, fold it in and sew a trim.
5) If you succeeded, you are all done! That was not my case. The lining slipped from the main fabric, so I had to come up with an alternative solution. First i sewed as much as possible of the lining where it should be by hand, than I cutted som strips of the arms and glued this in the jacket.
And the result: Its amazing and I really don’t feel the need to buy the original!
To see the whole prosess, visit my blog.
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.