Added Sep 20, 2013
1. Begin by stitching the darts in both front bodice pieces and pressing them flat.
2. Stay stitch the pleats in both the front and back bodice pieces to keep them in place and again, press flat.
3. Join each peplum piece to the corresponding bodice piece ensuring the front and back bodice pleats are caught.
4. Join at the side and strap seams and press.
5. Fold and press the placket in place, ensure it is an even width down the full length of the blouse. The pattern pieces indicate both fold lines. Any excess fabric from the center front of the peplum can now be trimmed if required. Pins are very useful during this stage. Stitch in place.
6. Add bias binding around the arm holes and neckline of the blouse. This could be hemmed without bias binding if required, but be aware this will effect the thickness of your straps.
7. Hem the peplum – really take your time doing this. You could always add bias binding to the peplum hem if you find this easier than hemming a curve.
8. Add fastenings down the center front of the blouse. I have not indicated where these should go as this depends on the shape and size of the buttons you choose, but just make sure you take your time to ensure correct placement.
9. Try it on and see what you think!
10. Oh and don’t forget to tidy up your sewing space afterwards. I feel I should put this in my instructions because it makes it so much easier when you go to make a second one straight away, which I hope you will
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.