Added Nov 3, 2008
I finally finished it, it was in my “to finish” pile, there was only the armhole binding unfinished, because i don’t like bias tape…
But i just hemmed the armholes with decorative stitch.
I lenghten the pattern with the “lenghtening lines”, so is not so wide at the bottom hem as other i’ve seen.
I’m not crazy about the fabric, i just found it in the attic and i really wanted to try this pattern (yay! for free stuff :D)
My favorite part are the sleeves, i love them :)
I wanted it to be just a liiiiitle longer, but i had problems with the hemming, so i just did a narrow zig zag stitch to finish.
I’m going to close a little the neckline, or maybe adding a little triangle to cover up a little.
Thanks for reading! plase comment :)
free fabric from my attic
and burdastyle too
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.