Added May 6, 2011
This was made using Simplicity 2209 by Lisette which has a couple of pleats at the bodice front and around the dress portion. I wanted a simple pattern to show off the busy flowery pattern. The only modifications I made was the neckline, which I made higher, and I finished off the armhole area using a lining and BurdaStyle’s all-in-one facing tutorial rather than the bias tape that the pattern instructed to use because I think the all-in-one facing looks a lot more seamless
More on my blog.
Stretch cotton sateen
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.