Added Jul 19, 2009
This JJ was my trial run of this pattern.
The frills have been roll hemmed on my overlocker with a contrasting thread and I decided to use a bit of a decorative stitch on some of the seams and the hem.I didn’t really like the finish on the sleeves so I changed them a bit – just simplified really.
Unfortunately this blouse is a bit too big for me, so I may end up taking in the side seams and adding a tie to bring the back in.
I was actually quite please with the outcome, even though it is too big. I was very happy to actually see the project all the way through to the end with a good finish, instead of throwing the towel in when I got frustrated with it! :)
I have used 3 different fabrics as I didn’t have enough of the main one that I wanted to use. All fabrics have been sitting in my stash for probably 10 yrs so I figured that if it didn’t work out, I wouldn’t miss them! Fabrics are actually stretch, which probably accounts for the blouse not fitting too well. Buttons from my stash.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.