Added Nov 18, 2008
This is my first finished item I made with a sewing machine :). I wanted my own pincushion, so I was like “hey, why not?” So I found some old fabric that I liked, and threw it together, and I actually found a how-to on Burda for the flower on top. It looked really plain without the flower. I did this when I was about 1/3 of the way done with sewing the blocks together for my quilt.
I used scrap fabric, 3 buttons, and some blue thread. I used fiberfil for the stuffing.
http://www.burdastyle.com/howtos/show/1420 <— this is the how-to I used for the flower
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.