Added Nov 20, 2011
by Chrissie Bee
I made six flower girl dresses for the girls that attended my wedding in July 2011. The dresses are based on the Simplicity 2828 pattern, with some modifications. I customized the sizes and lengths. The pattern only called for lining the bodice, but I also lined the skirt because I was concerned the silk fabric may be scratchy. I then added a layer of tulle between the lining and the shell, so the skirt would have some volume.
The most difficult part of the task was finding a color that would flatter both white and darker skins – i’m very happy with how the dusty pink worked out.
For the ring bearers and ushers, I made silk shantung ties in a slightly darker, but coordinated color.
Pure silk shantung shell, pure cotton lining and silk organza sash
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.