Added Sep 6, 2012
This dress is made out of the bodice from BWOF 101-02-2011 and Pattern runway’s Gathered Sundress Pattern
The amount of muslins and alterations I had to make to get the bodice to fit just right is INSANE, but I am so happy with the result, it was all worth it in the end.
I added red piping to the neckline, armholes and pockets to add some contrast. I found the original Burda skirt a bit ‘meh’ so the PR skirt with pockets was perfect for my use of piping.
All the fitting and alteration details on my blog
Light weight Coton fabric
Lining is white cotton broadcloth
Red cotton piping
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.