Added Mar 11, 2014
Penticton , Canada
This is the Sonja dress pattern found on the burda site. It’s done by Salme. I did add an additional dart to add a curve for my chest. The material I used is a cotton gauzette. As it’s to see through fabric ended up having to take the whole thing apart. I had to add lining. This also needs a eye & hook. I was just happy to finish it & wanted to share my project!
Yes me & my seam ripper got to know each other again.. I was inspired to make a floral dress like another member Bernie & I. I did not have cotton stretch satin however had floral material in the stash. This material cost $7.59 Cnd! It was going to be a table cloth! It’s a sun dress now. I found light green satin in moms stash. It also adds length as it’s more suitable to wear to the office. I also made a finger weave knecklace. I learned from watching you tube.
It is my muslin however will wear it! I just have to press it now.
Cotton guazette, satin,rayon for lining. Zip thrifted from moms stash.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.