Added May 26, 2013
Central Coast, A...
Another Corset to add to my growing collection :-D
I decided to try external boning channels this time. I’m only part way through the first break-in session so can’t say just yet if it’ll be comfortable, but so far it’s great! :-D
I used a pattern this time from http://corsettraining.net/ I used the Angel Underbust pattern.
I made a few adjustments, reducing waist, all over vertical and adding a few cm’s for my shoulders and booty. I ended up taking a little extra off the top front two panels, as I added a little too much.
I cut all my own boning channels from left over flesh coloured coutil, a first for me :-D usually I used already made boning channels. This was a bit fiddly, but worth it.
Also another first, a modesty placket on the bottom and top of the busk.
I also didn’t plan the flossing on this one, on purpose. I gave my self a little exercise on coming up with flossing to see what would happen. I am happy with the results, it’s something a little different, which I like :-D
Cotton Coutil, flesh tone
Cotton Coutil for Boning Channels, flesh tone
Cotton Drill, lining and binding
Twill tap, for waist tape/waist reinforcement
Cotton Embroidery Thread, black
Flat Steel (6mm) x 4
Spiral steel (6mm) x 10
30, two part 00 size grommets
Black nylon lacing