Added Feb 26, 2009
I drafted this pattern based on a shirt pattern from New Look, which, as usual, did not fit my busty torso at all. This was the first project I used my duct tape Judy to draft a pattern, and it worked like a charm! The material is some stuff I found at the Salvation Army a few years ago—it had been used for drapes. I ripped out all the seams and ironed the whole piece, and had just enough to make this shirt. I have since modified it for a dress and a jacket.
50 Select Red, White, and Blue patterns are 50% off!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.