First Dress Success!
Added Apr 20, 2013
This is my take on vintage Butterick Pattern 3429.
From the pattern: Semi-fitted, slightly flared halter dress has high waistline with underbust gathers and attached back neck ties.
I used a cotton blend that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $1 a yard…I thought it was beautiful! I used black satin ribbon for the neck ties, and pre-made black bias tape to finish the back.
The dress came together relatively easy considering the only thing I had made before this was a horrid looking buttercup bag. For my first real sewing project-I would mark it as a success ;) The only thing that I can say against it, is it turned out more formal looking than I had hoped, but maybe I’ll just dress it down with my flip-flops and jean jacket!
Cotton blend and satin ribbon.