Added Nov 12, 2012
I recently finished my Dirndl that I created for halloween. I used Burdastyle’s 117 Dirndl pattern. I altered it a bit: added an extra panel in the middle and added a front tie, added piping, and shortened both the skirt and the apron. The undershirt was from a few white dress that I had found in a clothing swap party. I recut the neckline and added white piping.
I actually started this project with a muslin that I had fitted on a dress form that I had created of my own form. I have forward sloping shoulders and shoulder blades that protrude. This makes it difficult to fit some things. Having a dress form really helps to get this right.
I have more pictures and information on my blog: Behind the laurel
cotton, linen, piping, apron
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.