Added Nov 12, 2012
I recently finished my Dirndl that I created for halloween. I used Burdastyle’s 117 Dirndl pattern. I altered it a bit: added an extra panel in the middle and added a front tie, added piping, and shortened both the skirt and the apron. The undershirt was from a few white dress that I had found in a clothing swap party. I recut the neckline and added white piping.
I actually started this project with a muslin that I had fitted on a dress form that I had created of my own form. I have forward sloping shoulders and shoulder blades that protrude. This makes it difficult to fit some things. Having a dress form really helps to get this right.
I have more pictures and information on my blog: Behind the laurel
cotton, linen, piping, apron
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.