Added Nov 12, 2012
I recently finished my Dirndl that I created for halloween. I used Burdastyle’s 117 Dirndl pattern. I altered it a bit: added an extra panel in the middle and added a front tie, added piping, and shortened both the skirt and the apron. The undershirt was from a few white dress that I had found in a clothing swap party. I recut the neckline and added white piping.
I actually started this project with a muslin that I had fitted on a dress form that I had created of my own form. I have forward sloping shoulders and shoulder blades that protrude. This makes it difficult to fit some things. Having a dress form really helps to get this right.
I have more pictures and information on my blog: Behind the laurel
cotton, linen, piping, apron
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.