Added Nov 12, 2012
I recently finished my Dirndl that I created for halloween. I used Burdastyle’s 117 Dirndl pattern. I altered it a bit: added an extra panel in the middle and added a front tie, added piping, and shortened both the skirt and the apron. The undershirt was from a few white dress that I had found in a clothing swap party. I recut the neckline and added white piping.
I actually started this project with a muslin that I had fitted on a dress form that I had created of my own form. I have forward sloping shoulders and shoulder blades that protrude. This makes it difficult to fit some things. Having a dress form really helps to get this right.
I have more pictures and information on my blog: Behind the laurel
cotton, linen, piping, apron
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.