Added Jan 13, 2009
Astoria, New Yor...
Here’s my entry for the suit variation challenge! I used the Eva jacket pattern and the Linda skirt pattern to make a 1950s dressy suit, inspired by vintage sewing patterns I’ve seen.
For the jacket, I made the following changes:
1) converted the notch collar to a shawl collar
2) made a flare at the bottom for a peplum look
3) made a cutaway shape at the front bottom
4) used hooks and eyes instead of buttons
5) shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length
For the skirt:
1) shortened by about three inches
2) doubled the height of the waistband
3) added a layer of tulle for fullness
3 yds Deep purple crepe-back satin
1 yard tulle to line the skirt
1 yard silk organza to underline the jacket
BurdaStyle for the excellent patterns
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
Pattern of the Week
Get warm in a hurry in this easy to sew shrug jacket
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.