Added Jan 13, 2009
Astoria, New Yor...
Here’s my entry for the suit variation challenge! I used the Eva jacket pattern and the Linda skirt pattern to make a 1950s dressy suit, inspired by vintage sewing patterns I’ve seen.
For the jacket, I made the following changes:
1) converted the notch collar to a shawl collar
2) made a flare at the bottom for a peplum look
3) made a cutaway shape at the front bottom
4) used hooks and eyes instead of buttons
5) shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length
For the skirt:
1) shortened by about three inches
2) doubled the height of the waistband
3) added a layer of tulle for fullness
3 yds Deep purple crepe-back satin
1 yard tulle to line the skirt
1 yard silk organza to underline the jacket
BurdaStyle for the excellent patterns
Revamp those outdated wardrobe staples with chic designs in crisp white and classic denim...
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.