Added Jan 13, 2009
Astoria, New Yor...
Here’s my entry for the suit variation challenge! I used the Eva jacket pattern and the Linda skirt pattern to make a 1950s dressy suit, inspired by vintage sewing patterns I’ve seen.
For the jacket, I made the following changes:
1) converted the notch collar to a shawl collar
2) made a flare at the bottom for a peplum look
3) made a cutaway shape at the front bottom
4) used hooks and eyes instead of buttons
5) shortened the sleeves to 3/4 length
For the skirt:
1) shortened by about three inches
2) doubled the height of the waistband
3) added a layer of tulle for fullness
3 yds Deep purple crepe-back satin
1 yard tulle to line the skirt
1 yard silk organza to underline the jacket
BurdaStyle for the excellent patterns
Take off with pleats, cut-outs, insets, and futuristic prints.
Fashion & Trends
The best patterns and styling tips for this summer's top pants trend.
Pattern of the Week
A tank silhouette with elasticated waist is a carefree take on the Little Black Dress
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Sparkle in pretty tanks, easy dresses, and a romper with splashes of sequins.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.