Added Jan 19, 2013
by C Ward
I was tasked to produce mock 1930’s faux mink stoles for my sister’s bridal party.
The event took place at a Victorian home and to complete the theme my sister desired stoles for some of the pictures. Volunteering myself, as the good maid of honor I was, I took this project on; with her consultation on fur choice and lining, we completed the entire production in 3 days. I did all the major construction while she ironed and made all the puffs. ^.~
We asked each girl to send us their measurements, around their shoulders to bust, and adjusted each pattern in the back as directed.
We chose to use faux mink black fur and because my sister insisted on using a silk paisley for the lining I had to apply a medium weight interfacing to stiffen it up for shape.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.