Added Oct 12, 2012
A while ago I made the Fatina dress from Brdastyle, which at the time I loved…loved, but only wore once.
Fatina is a body-skimming shift dress, which work well in some fabrics, but in this case I found my dress to be too dowdy.
Maybe I was looking more for va-va-voom glamour-puss!
So to celebrate my mannequin’s safe arrival by FedEx to Paris, I decided to do some slap-dash alterations.
To do this, I did the following:
1) put the dress on the mannequin and marked a waist with fashion tape
2) added seam allowance value to this line and cut the dress in half (eek!)
3) put the bodice and skirt on the mannequin separately and added 2 darts each to both front and back, marked with pins, then tailor’s chalk.
4) took bodice and skirt off mannequin, trued the darts directly on the fabric and sewed.
5) sewed the bodice and skirt back together, inserted zipper.
Et voil! Maybe this incarnation of the Fatina will get more wear than the last one!
Black cotton lace, plastic sequins
Sewing & Techniques
Introducing our popular Basic Bodice and Skirt Slopers now available in plus sizes!
You could win a social spotlight or full year subscription.
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.