Added Oct 12, 2012
A while ago I made the Fatina dress from Brdastyle, which at the time I loved…loved, but only wore once.
Fatina is a body-skimming shift dress, which work well in some fabrics, but in this case I found my dress to be too dowdy.
Maybe I was looking more for va-va-voom glamour-puss!
So to celebrate my mannequin’s safe arrival by FedEx to Paris, I decided to do some slap-dash alterations.
To do this, I did the following:
1) put the dress on the mannequin and marked a waist with fashion tape
2) added seam allowance value to this line and cut the dress in half (eek!)
3) put the bodice and skirt on the mannequin separately and added 2 darts each to both front and back, marked with pins, then tailor’s chalk.
4) took bodice and skirt off mannequin, trued the darts directly on the fabric and sewed.
5) sewed the bodice and skirt back together, inserted zipper.
Et voil! Maybe this incarnation of the Fatina will get more wear than the last one!
Black cotton lace, plastic sequins
Fashion & Trends
Vacation planned for the winter? Sew up these style to take away with you and also get 20% off!
We have just extended registration to accommodate a few more students
Make your Valentine's Day Extra Special, by Making your own Date Night Attire! There is still time..
Revamp those outdated wardrobe staples with chic designs in crisp white and classic denim...
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.