Added Aug 6, 2012
I didn’t have much black ponte to work with, so I decided to alter the pattern and convert the bust darts to princess seams then slash the side panels at the waist, thus leaving me with five front panels that were much easier to accommodate on the fabric I had available. I also dropped the shoulder length for a little self-sleeve.
This variation would look super cute with the panels in different colours! When i can afford more fabric I’m going to give it a go.
More pictures on my blog
ponte di roma
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.