Added Aug 6, 2012
I didn’t have much black ponte to work with, so I decided to alter the pattern and convert the bust darts to princess seams then slash the side panels at the waist, thus leaving me with five front panels that were much easier to accommodate on the fabric I had available. I also dropped the shoulder length for a little self-sleeve.
This variation would look super cute with the panels in different colours! When i can afford more fabric I’m going to give it a go.
More pictures on my blog
ponte di roma
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.