Added Aug 6, 2012
I didn’t have much black ponte to work with, so I decided to alter the pattern and convert the bust darts to princess seams then slash the side panels at the waist, thus leaving me with five front panels that were much easier to accommodate on the fabric I had available. I also dropped the shoulder length for a little self-sleeve.
This variation would look super cute with the panels in different colours! When i can afford more fabric I’m going to give it a go.
More pictures on my blog
ponte di roma
Burda Style Videos
Help us count down our TOP 10 most popular videos and get inspired!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.