Added Aug 6, 2012
I didn’t have much black ponte to work with, so I decided to alter the pattern and convert the bust darts to princess seams then slash the side panels at the waist, thus leaving me with five front panels that were much easier to accommodate on the fabric I had available. I also dropped the shoulder length for a little self-sleeve.
This variation would look super cute with the panels in different colours! When i can afford more fabric I’m going to give it a go.
More pictures on my blog
ponte di roma
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.