Added Aug 16, 2012
I’ve been wanting to try something from Salme Patterns for a long time, so I finally got around to making the Minna blouse for a little end of summer trip that I’m taking. It also gave me a chance to put my brand new serger to work!Modifications I made: I added bust darts and vertical darts down the back and I took it in a little bit down the sides (next time I will make a size smaller). I enclosed the elastic in a casing along the waistline because I thought it would make a cleaner look than just sewing the elastic to the seam allowance. I also lowered the neckline, and put the bias tape inside the collar and sleeves instead of wrapping it over.
This is a great simple pattern that I’m looking forward to making again. I used a very cheep cotton that I cut up from a scarf. It makes a lovely gauzy blouse, but probably won’t be very long-lasting. Next time I’ll use better fabric and maybe embellish it a bit.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.