Added Apr 10, 2013
First off, I will fully admit that I one hundred percent stole this idea from the other people who’ve already done these costumes. Many great interpretations, and we’re adding just one more. We each made our own masks, and Paul even sewed his own tie (Osman pattern)! I’ve added a bunch of photos to show the mask-making process (we started off with cat masks from the dollar store). I started off with yellow cotton for the dress and stamped apples on the cut out pattern pieces using a potato. The dress is New Look 6000. The noses on the masks and my brooch are made of Sculpey. A great costume that we’ll definitely wear again!
cotton (dress, tie); fake fur (white, rust); sculpey (noses, brooch); broom pieces (whiskers); black wool (ears, eyelashes)
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.