Added Apr 10, 2010
Brooklyn, New Yo...
My Franzi vest! Made from much stash fabric!
-— I think I’m going to have to start doing FBA’s for real on these woven projects… the size is right, but I should stop trying to cram my DDs into a B bodice.
This is great pattern, although I think the turn-back is way too tiny; it just looks like I’m missing a button. I would redraft that shape next time (and there will be a next time!).
I loved modifying the pockets to be single welts; this was a great project to practice that technique (and make the how-to).
I didn’t understand some of the instructions (lost in german-translation), but I see enough vests at work so it wasn’t too hard to figure out. I did replace the CB panels with crepe backed satin, which I also used for the pocket/welts. I lined it with black china silk. I omitted the back waist tie since it was unnecessary and the buckle would have been uncomfortable.
100% Wool Houndstooth (grey/black) – Chic Fabrics (39th st) NYC
100% Silk Crepe-backed satin (black) – purchased by my BF years ago in Como
100% China Silk (black) – Mood, NYC
Fusible interfacing (grey)
1/2" pearlized buttons – canniblized from my 1st Liz blouse.