Added May 23, 2013
Made with Cream/White eyelet and underlined with a skin toned quilting cotton.
Cut a size 10 for front, size 10 graded to 12 at waste for back, size 10 graded to 12 front peplum, and straight 12 back peplum.
The plan was to have this be my first experiment into pattern matching; however, I was imediately discouraged after I realized that the back piece has a dart. That is when I exceeded my own knowlege. Next best thing was to try to make the pattern match at the back but then I realized that there was a slight curve on the cutting line that was not paralell with the grain line. Darn! This is when I just cut and went with it.
I am happy with the fit. I only added 1/2 inch to the bodice length. I also used bias tape to do the bottom hem as I had a lot of bulk with the very thick eyelet and figured it would also help the piece look more finished.
Also, the fabric does lay flat on the back. I just have a weird arch in my side trying to get the picture. HA!
Sewing & Techniques
Check out Meg's Sweetheart Dress project and how she made it!
Hit the road in easy dresses, slouchy tees, and bootcut pants.
Be the face of one of our exclusive patterns on BurdaStyle.com!
Fashion & Trends
Swoon for these gorgeous dresses straight off the runway!
Member Project of the Week
See how just a piece of sheer satin transforms this beginner friendly dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.