Added Oct 10, 2010
I made this lil’ number on my dressmakers manneqin. I couldn’t use a pattern because I only had a weeny amount of fabric and didn’t think I could find one that would work.
I just gathered the fabric into rough, vaguely matching pleats and attached it to a wide waist-band. Not being one to really think things through though, the back is a bit of a mess – zip, hook and eye are all a bit of a mash, but the main thing is how it looks from the front!
The hem was tricky because I didn’t have anything to turn under – I wanted to keep the length and finish it without breaking up the stripes. Problem solved with a narrow band of brown binding to match the fabric.
I have to admit it’s taken me about a year to finish this skirt so it’s with massive sigh of relief that I finally finished this project!
Fabric is a printed cotton/stretch blend
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.