Added Oct 10, 2010
I made this lil’ number on my dressmakers manneqin. I couldn’t use a pattern because I only had a weeny amount of fabric and didn’t think I could find one that would work.
I just gathered the fabric into rough, vaguely matching pleats and attached it to a wide waist-band. Not being one to really think things through though, the back is a bit of a mess – zip, hook and eye are all a bit of a mash, but the main thing is how it looks from the front!
The hem was tricky because I didn’t have anything to turn under – I wanted to keep the length and finish it without breaking up the stripes. Problem solved with a narrow band of brown binding to match the fabric.
I have to admit it’s taken me about a year to finish this skirt so it’s with massive sigh of relief that I finally finished this project!
Fabric is a printed cotton/stretch blend
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
Member Project of the Week
Kelerabeus modified our Wool Shorts pattern with adorable scalloped edges.
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our edgy, asymmetrical, paneled dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.