Added Oct 10, 2010
I made this lil’ number on my dressmakers manneqin. I couldn’t use a pattern because I only had a weeny amount of fabric and didn’t think I could find one that would work.
I just gathered the fabric into rough, vaguely matching pleats and attached it to a wide waist-band. Not being one to really think things through though, the back is a bit of a mess – zip, hook and eye are all a bit of a mash, but the main thing is how it looks from the front!
The hem was tricky because I didn’t have anything to turn under – I wanted to keep the length and finish it without breaking up the stripes. Problem solved with a narrow band of brown binding to match the fabric.
I have to admit it’s taken me about a year to finish this skirt so it’s with massive sigh of relief that I finally finished this project!
Fabric is a printed cotton/stretch blend
Pattern of the Week
This is a quintessential ladylike coat with turned down shawl collar and fit and flare silhouette.
We're taking a sneak peak at the upcoming fashion design course.
This classic autumn collection has designs inspired by the Scottish countryside.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Sew with Meg & see her final steps in sewing the cape & also see a sneak peek of Meg's new course!
Member Project of the Week
Check out this preppy fall style.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.