Added Nov 19, 2007
My first Eva jacket. The pattern is GREAT, I love it! I used the size 46 with slight adjustments only for my belly – i.e. I used some of the seam allowance to make the jacket wider at the last 10 cm. The front darts were a bit of a challenge for me, but (with some practice on a piece of scrap fabric) once I understood the principle it went well. I wouldn’t recommend too thick fabrics though, the front darts and the collar can be problematic. I used Vlieseline H200 for the collar. In spite of the instructions, seam allowances are included (stated clearly on the pattern pieces). I had my worries about patterns having seam allowances included (in general; I am used to patterns without) but that worked out also very well. The armcye is confortable (not too small), the length is indeed flattering for a fuller or shorter figure. I lined the jacket.
Wool/polyester blend without stretch, tweed as contrast, light grey lining
Burdastyle for the pattern. One of my favourite patterns, I’ll use it again for sure.
Special thanks to Benedikta for asking me what I would like.