Added Jun 17, 2008
This is a summer tunic I made from the original Emily pattern. When I bought the fabric I wanted to make a normal blouse with it. But then I thought that the fabric didn’t really fit that pattern, because it is crashed and a bit stiff. I decided that it should rather become a tunic. As I didn’t have a pattern for that, I used the Emily pattern. I altered the sleeves and the front (by replacing the lower part by a single piece of fabric) left out the collar and added two ties. It is very comfy to wear because it has an easy fit. You don’t need to open any zipper or button, you just pull it over. And you can decide how tight you want it to fit. I also like the shorter sleeves, because they give you more freedom to move.
By the way: Pardon the serious expression on my face, but I hate taking pictures of myself. ;-)
I used a sheer, crashed cotton fabric with embroidery and silver threads woven in
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.