Added May 18, 2013
A wearable muslin of the elisalex dress. I extremely like the shape of the dress, I think it’s very feminine and flattering. The fablric is some poly brocade that retains the shape of the pleats very well. I made some pattern alterations (I lengthened the bodice by 5/8’’, I made a 1/2’’ forward shoulder alteration and I created a back dart in order to reduce some gaping at the back neckline) but more are needed (see wrinkles at the back and the sleeves- at the moment I have no idea how to fix these but I’ll do some homework until the next project) . I also shortened the dress-considerably. Overall I am very happy with the result and I have started planning the next one!
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.