Added May 18, 2013
A wearable muslin of the elisalex dress. I extremely like the shape of the dress, I think it’s very feminine and flattering. The fablric is some poly brocade that retains the shape of the pleats very well. I made some pattern alterations (I lengthened the bodice by 5/8’’, I made a 1/2’’ forward shoulder alteration and I created a back dart in order to reduce some gaping at the back neckline) but more are needed (see wrinkles at the back and the sleeves- at the moment I have no idea how to fix these but I’ll do some homework until the next project) . I also shortened the dress-considerably. Overall I am very happy with the result and I have started planning the next one!
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.