Added Jul 27, 2009
Palo Alto, Calif...
I made this Anda dress for my aunt and it is similar to the one
I made for her about a week ago. I really wanted the pattern, so she could make it herself later on. Instead of using the casing, I used elastic. Oddly – the elastic is not at the same location on the front and back of the dress, but it worked out. According to the size table, she should have been Burda size 54 or something so I increased the pattern, but when I cut that one out – it looked like a really HUGE, ugly hospital gown. I cut the second on at a 48 and used a 3/8" seam for the sides and I think it worked out well.
Not sure what type of fabric (it was in a box I bought off of craigslist); elastic, thread
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.