Easter (practice) C.D.D.
Added Apr 8, 2012
by Laura Seale
This is my toile, made, in my true upcycling way, out of an old curtain lol. It’s not made brilliantly as I didn’t think it would fit me as it was too big for my manikin that was set to my size, so I completed it as a learning exercise although I couldn’t resist trying it on in the end and was really pleased it fitted so ended up unpinning the zip and bodice, shortening the over lengthened bodice and taking away some of the back bodice as it was too big at the top. (I cut off 2 2×12 cm triangles from the top CB zip seam but I have no idea where to place the darts on my pattern piece as the CB seams on all the bodice patterns I’ve looked at are straight).
I’ve up scaled the pattern because I’m 5 foot 6.5 inches tall. Although I made the bodice too long as I didn’t trust my hubby’s measuring and I was lazy with the pattern markings, really shouldn’t just stick a pin in lol.
I’m making a new pattern and probably another toile-the matching duvet cover is the same thickness as the material my hubby bought me yesterday ;-) lol)
It’s my Easter Coffee Date Dress because I wore it to church this morning. I decided it was too long so I overlocked it before we left and I think I’m going to hem it too. It started out really long, I like how it looks more formal and is going to be mid knee, I don’t like above the knee on me.
1st dress shows length, 2nd me holding skirt up by 3cm and 3rd altered bodice. It’s still not right for me but I got lots of compliments today :-)
An M and S cotton curtain, quite a heavy material, I had to be careful how I placed the pieces due to fading