Added Sep 25, 2013
Nedre Vats, Norway
I made this dress based on a pattern from a Spanish magazine, Burda Couture Facile 2012.
I have used silk fabric and I decide to use the shiny side of the fabric for the short sleeves and the flounces, and the basic part on the opposite side. I think it’s a good combination of the same fabric.
I made a small zig-zag seam at the bottom of each flounce, but later on I have recognized that if I did cut it in the bias direction, maybe I could have used the raw ends of the flounces. Anyway I’m happy how it turned out :)
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.