Added Dec 22, 2009
This was supposed to be a dress. But a foolish error in judging the bodice length resulted in a very unflattering seam right where my tummy is no longer flat.
Bottom line, it just looked silly. I added that waist band to lengthen the bodice and help the skirt start in a more appropriate place, but it didn’t help.
This micropoly fabric is very thin and slightly clingy and it was clinging to all the wrong curves.
To give you an idea: I asked my husband what he thought of the fit. Even a man’s natural tendency to lie to his woman about pudge in certain areas did not permit him to tell me that it looked great as is, lol
We both agreed that shortening it to a top was the only way to go.
I learned a lot with this project. It was sewn on my old (really OLD) machine and it was difficult to control the flow of the fabric due to its thinness. I sewed the new hem using the stretch stitch on the new machine and WOW. What a difference!
I have a ton more of this fabric, some of it in a very unflattering orange that I’m not too sure what to do with…
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.