Dresden Plate tote bag
Added May 8, 2010
Cathedral City ,...
I finally got the new Bernina Activa 210 that I won in the apron remake challenge! For my first project with it (or her- Berni I like to call her!) I wanted to make something easy and fun that would allow me to try a few different stitches out but not become overwhelmed. I have made dozens of tote bags, but never a dresden plate. I saw a youtube tutorial by the Missouri Quilt Co and with a little quick fabricating was able to craft myself a cardboard template for free and accomplish the same outcome as the little template they were trying to sell. I had so much fun making this and it went together so well- I just know Berni and I have a very bright future together! Hope you enjoy!
quilting cotton scraps, red woven cotton for the lining, denim remnants from another project, pellon fusable webbing in a medium weight which I fused to both the lining and outer piece.