Added Feb 14, 2012
by lisa g
this dress is a remake of a dress i made last year for one of my sisters. it was a long-distance fitting project that ended up too big and not constructed properly for the very lightweight cotton voile. it was originally kwik sew 3521. i have learned so much about construction and fitting since then, so i finally buckled down and fixed this dress! i carefully took apart every seam, reshaped the bodice then underlined it and added a sturdier bodice lining, reattached the skirt and finally came away with something that is well-constructed and much better fitting! now if only it were spring…
please visit my blog! notes from a mad housewife
cotton voile swiss dot shell, cotton muslin underlining, cotton lining
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.